Why you should rent with an ARLA Propertymark protected letting agency 19 Feb 2020
Whether you have a property to rent out or are searching for a home, you need an agent that you can trust and rely on when issues arise. If you are a landlord, you need professional service and the confidence that your agent will manage your investment in your best interests. As a tenant, you need the reassurance that maintenance issues will be dealt with promptly and your tenancy will run smoothly.
ARLA Propertymark Protected agents help landlords to find the right tenants, and tenants to enjoy their treasured homes. Every year tenants and landlords suffer through dealing with agents who are inexperienced or do not adhere to the law. In the worst cases, financial losses can add up to millions of pounds. ARLA Propertymark agents ensure you a higher standard than the law demands so make sure your letting agent is offering you Propertymark Protection.
NOT ALL LETTING AGENTS ARE REGULATED
While there is no mandatory regulation of letting agents and landlords, there are nearly 150 pieces of law affecting tenancies. If your agent is not up to date or offering a professional service, you could be missing out on:
- Client Money Protection Scheme
- Experienced and trained professionals who are required to undertake regular training
- Staff who are up to date with complex legislative changes and best practice
- A team who adhere to a nationally recognised Code of Practice
- A firm who submits independently audited accounts to Propertymark annually
- Members of an independent redress scheme
- An agency with extensive Professional Indemnity insurance
The quality of the agent you instruct to rent your property makes a real difference. ARLA Propertymark protected agents have to hold your money in a separate client account which is independently inspected annually. This is not the case with all letting agents and in an uncertain climate would you really trust your client money to an agent who is not protected?
Wills & Smerdon are ARLA PROPERTYMARK PROTECTED so we will ensure that you will receive a professional service at all times and also the peace of mind that if things did go wrong the ARLA Propertymark Client Money Protection Scheme (CMP) would step in and reimburse tenants and landlords.
CHECK THAT YOUR LETTING AGENT IS PROFESSIONAL BY ASKING THESE QUESTIONS
- Which independent redress scheme do you belong to?
- Is a full list of your fees and charges freely available as required by law?
- Are you ARLA Propertymark Protected?
BOOK YOUR LETTINGS VALUATION HERE